Participants: 8 – 32
Location: Inside and Outside
Activity Level: Medium
DIY Team Center Access: Videos, photos, tips and tricks and more for this activity
Objectives: Problem Solving, Communication, Pure Fun
Time: 15 – 20 Minutes plus debrief
The purpose of this exercise is to physically demonstrate the metaphor that every member of a team is an important ‘link in the chain’.
While the exercise is technically simple, there is the need for quality of performance and efficiency. Many of the group’s norms and unwritten ‘rules’ will put barriers in the way and will decrease performance.
As the participants become more practiced at accomplishing the task, many strange events begin to happen. Here are just a few:
- Leadership may change once the planning has been accomplished and the task needs to be accomplished quickly. Are there some team members who only like to plan, but not implement the details? This event will let the participants experience both.
- Many times, if the plan is not working, new ideas are squelched because they are new and there is a time deadline. How often does this happen at work?
- Integrity is sacrificed because of the timeline. Many individuals and groups sacrifice their integrity to achieve the larger goal. This brings that difficult subject to light as participants ‘cheat’ in order to finish in the shortest amount of time. If this is a simple game, what happens at work when the stakes are much higher? This exercise provides a safe space to discuss this difficult topic.
This event is also a good way to examine individual team member’s sense of value, accountability and commitment to their team. This is an incredibly valuable exercise.
This exercise is run equally well indoors and out.
A glimpse into Supply Chain
Giving each participant a ‘link’ in the chain, the group must pass marbles from point A to point B through each participant’s’ link’ without touching the marbles. The distance between A and B can be either far, which allows the game to be run equally well inside or out.
Who should go for Supply Chain?
Groups who would benefit from seeing how each person plays a valuable role.
Especially useful to show interdepartmental dependence, i.e. sales, admin, warehouse. The game shows how each group plays a valuable, and necessary, role.
What will the group learn from Supply Chain?
A sense of commitment to the group.
- The need for quality as well as quantity.
What’s included in the Supply Chain Kit:
The team building activity comes in an easy-to-use storage bag and will include the following:
- Comprehensive information on purpose of the game, how to set it up, the storyline and the safety measures necessary during the course of the exercise.
- Instructions on how to debrief the exercise and questions that you should ask the participants.
- Professional materials and props necessary to conduct the exercise.
It includes everything you need to provide a good quality, well thought out and meaningful team building experience for your organization.
With each team building purchase, you also receive:
- 100% Happiness Guarantee, forever!
- Unlimited Support Monday through Friday from a Professional Facilitator.
- Two-Year No-Hassle Replacement Warranty
If you would like help in selecting an event, please do contact us at 800-513-8759 . Our representatives will be more than happy to help you.