For a SUPER simple method, and perfect for beginners, check out the ‘What’ Method. The questioning strategy could not be more simple:
- So What?
- Now What?
Get full description and discussion around the experience.
- “What happened during the activity? “
- “What did you / the group do?”
- “What were your reactions?”
Add meaning and create dialogue.
- “So what does that mean to you?”
- “So what does the way the group responded mean for our work environment?”
Create application for what was learned.
- “Now what?” Seriously, you can ask that simple question!
- “Now that we can see some patterns in (insert here – communication, trust, leadership, etc), what are you going to do differently moving forward?“
If you are worried at all, just keep it that simple and focus on creating dialogue.